The service has been restarted and is running again, the problem will be investigated in a couple hours time.
Had reports of further problems but currently without adequate internets to resolve, will look further in ~6 hours. Apologies.
A problematic job from a malicious user caused a memory leak, the problematic job has been disabled and will be looking at preventing over the festive period.
There appears to be some glibc related problem preventing the scheduler from running which we're debugging.
A few people mentioned problems with scheduling this morning, a quick restart seemed to sort it out but needs further research.
Apologies for the delay in fixing the SSL certificate, unsure what happened to the renewal reminder...
There's been a strange problem with nscd (service side dns caching) since last restart causing incorrect DNS resulting in 404 to checks for some users. nscd has been disabled until fully debugged. Thanks to Sam for spotting that.
There was recently a problem accessing Googles public DNS service and the failover DNS was not good, this has now been corrected.
Added earliest / first run option to new schedule creation. Thanks to Jace for the idea.
server localtime is now using UTC rather than Europe/London to allow for future time localisation.
Added URL output to jobs list so easier to differentiate tasks. Thanks to Sam for the idea.
FYI /etc/localtime is /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London
sent one-time email to existing users about url change and future housekeeping.
http:// and https:// requests generated by the service originate from the IP address 126.96.36.199
this changelog has now been moved to a database with the most recent being displayed on the index.
now monitoring check service every 5 minutes with auto-restart and alert on failure in addition to no logging being generated within 15 minutes.
i noticed another crash leaving the schedules not running for the last 10 hours, my apologies. working on further debug to try resolve and improved monitoring/auto-restarting for other instances.
the system crashed yesterday for first time in 19 days / since on new infrastructure, restarted service and modified index to show current date/time to aid debug, thanks Sam. will dig deeper and re-add monitoring.
fixed issue with disable/pause link no appearing on jobs list page in most circumstances.
i'd forgot to allow the deletion of schedules... you can now do this.
initial testing suggests the move is fine, not surprising as not much has changed.
while i have the time and opportunity, i have moved everything over to the new website and infrastructure a little earlier than planned to make testing easier.